Heart Disease Expert Forum
Overwhelming Chronic fatigue

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Overwhelming Chronic fatigue

I was recencently diagnosed with unmitigated bradycardia. my thyroid was removed 5 yrs ago n recent labs indicate that I'm within normal range on thyroid replacement therapy. I'm fatigued all the time n joints hurt all the time.what questions do I need to ask my Dr. and what could be causing these problems. Please help me
I am sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. As I am sure you know, bradycardia means having a slow heart rate. Some people have a normally slow heart rate though in others this slow heart rate can be due to a problem with the conduction system (electical system) of the heart. It is diffcult to give you any specific answers regarding the bradycardia without knowing what is actually causing the rhythm and if it is a slow sinus node (the natural pacemaker of the heart) or if the electrical signal is getting blocked somewhere in the heart causing skipped beats. The most important thing for you to do is to discuss this with your primary doctor or cardiologist.  If your heart rate is very low, it certainly could contribute to fatigue though your doctor will need to help determine if any treatment is needed.