Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Pvc's & Exercise

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Re: Pvc's & Exercise
Posted By Andy Ames on August 08, 1999 at 11:38:02
This is the second time I've posted here,it is a great site to have on the web.I use it a lot.
This time I am asking about multiple pvc's and exercise.Last year,I noticed that my pvc's had changed.They were now happening at an increased heart rate,rather than a slower one.When I worked out vigorously,I was getting  and still am, strings of pvc's together.They feel like they are right after one another.When playing tennis,they make me catch my breath and slow down.Very disturbing.No chest pain ,shortness of breath or the like,just many pvc's and hard ones.I have since had 2 holter monitors,echo's,ultrasounds,and one stress test a year ago,but not this year.also ekg's.All normal with benign pvc's and pac's.They tell me they are stress related because of the amount of stress I have had.(A great deal ) Should I get another stress test? What about those pvc's all strung together,back to back?I am off of coffee,alcohol and don't smoke. This seems to have no effect. I like to be physically active but this is getting me down.I fear that my heart will go out of rythum and stop. Any suggestions please?   Thanks

Posted By Slow Down, Relax--you're not 19 anymore (I assume) on August 09, 1999 at 00:50:35
. . . and listen to your body

Posted By CCF CARDIO MD - CRC on August 09, 1999 at 11:19:46
Good advice for all of us (the over 19 crowd anyways)
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.  Please feel free to write back with additional questions.
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.  The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.

Follow Ups: