Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Thallium stress Test
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

Re: Thallium stress Test

Posted By CCF CARDIO MD - DLB on March 27, 1999 at 18:21:01:

In Reply to: Thallium stress Test posted by Joe on March 26, 1999 at 11:16:01:

Hi:
I went for a thallium stress test because when I got on the treamill after a few minutes a encountered pain near my left arm pit.  While doing the thallium stress test I started to get the pain again and the Dr. said that I began skipping beats consistently.  What could this mean.  Could it be a blockage or another serious cardiac disease.
Thanks for your help.
Joe

Dear Joe
The Thallium portion of the test should help answer the question. That is the part that determines how likely it is that you do or do not have coronary artery blockages. The irregular heart beat could be related to a blockage, but the thallium will likely be abnormal in that situation. Therefore, ask your doctor if the thallium was normal or abnormal.
I hope this has been useful. Feel free to write back with further questions. Good luck.
Information provided here is of a general nature.  Specific diagnoses and treatments can only be made by your doctor.  If you would like to be seen at the Cleveland Clinic, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE for an appointment with a cardiologist at Desk F15.