Heart Disease Expert Forum
SVT and blips
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

SVT and blips

Hi, I have been diagnosed with SVT some years ago, and I have had this since I was about 17, I am now 43.  I am not particularly healthy, have not been able to get much exercise over the last three years due to working hours, and other health complications. I smoke, and like a drink.  I am now having what I previously considered to be ectopics, these were infrequent, and never really bothered me; however, now they are about 20 an hour, and really make me jump and lose my breath.  I managed to tape one on my iphone and you can hear that a beat is missed, you can also hear the pitch of the beat change and liquid sloshing around.  I feel generally unwell, dizzy, and just 'out of it' for two weeks now.  I have also started to have panic attacks due to these blips, as even talking to someone while they are happenning causes more of them.  I am scared to sleep at the moment. I have had three ECG's: one was normal, and the other two abnormal, but I do not know what may be wrong as I have not been told anything. The Doctors said thay would scan my ECG and add to my referral record, that is it!  I do not know how long I will have to wait for the referral, or whether there is anything here i need to be concerned about; or more importantly whether i need to modify my life, as i drive 60 miles on the motorway each way to work everyday.  UK NHS is rubbish!
Tags: worried