Heart Disease Expert Forum
Sinus Bradycardia

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Sinus Bradycardia

I am a 36 yrs old male with medium build.  20 days ago had Gallbladder surgery and I have some sleeping disorders (wakeup in the middle of the night with thirst and urination) but otherwise healthy.

Prior to the Cholecystectomy I had an EKG done.  The technician had the first test done but he throw it away shacking his head, and told me to relax as much as possible.  I was already fairly relaxed but I tried to relax some more as he took the 2nd test.

The EKG resulted with 58 BPM Ventricular/Atrial Rate and a Diagnose of: Sinus Bradycardia.

While I used to ride mountain bike once a week for an hour, I have not rode in a year and I am far from being in athletic shape in anyway.

I have often had chest pains and dizyness standing up recently, could this be related?  The chest pain is a short stabbing pain left chest, but goes away very quickly.  I have often had high blood pressure with the Diasytolic pressure being high (100+), but it only happens during certain times of the day and I can feel my head filled with pressure.

Is Sinus Bradycardia something I should look into further? Thanks for your time and considerations.
Sinus bradycardia is completely normal, especially in young patients, and should be of no concer without any symptoms such as exertional shortness of breath or lightheadedness.  The chest pain you described is atypical and not related to your heart.  Also, the fact that you tolerated surgery implies that your heart function is normal.