Heart Disease Expert Forum
TRICUSPID REGURGITATION

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

TRICUSPID REGURGITATION
I JUST GOT MY ECHO RESULTS BACK .AND IT SAYS THERE IS A TRIVIAL DEGREE OF TRICUSPID REGURGITATION. THE ESTIMATED PULMONARY ARTERIAL SYSTOLIC PRSSURE IS 20 MMHG PLUS RIGHT ATRIAL PRESSURE. IS THIS SOMETHING I SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT ?? HOW SERIOUS IS THIS CONITION ??
Trivial tricuspid regurgitation (TR) says it all: it is almost insignificant, but almost every one has some degree of TR. This is how we are able to estimate the right ventricular systolic pressure, which is an estimate of the pulmonary arterial pressure. Yours is normal, unless there is some reason to suspect that the right atrial pressure is elevated. Did they mention that there was inferior vena cava dilatation or failure to collapse with inspiration? If not then you RA pressure is estimated at 5 and PA systolic pressure is normal at 25 mm Hg.
No need to worry!