Heart Disease Expert Forum
a-fib and chronic back pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

a-fib and chronic back pain

I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH AFIB, THAT WAS FOUND DURING A FOLLOW UP SLEEP STUDY FOR MY SLEEP APNEA. I AM ON BLOOD THINNERS THAT ARE STILL NOT UNDER CONTROL, BEATA PACE AND DIGOXIN. SINCE MY RECENT STAY IN A HOSPITAL TO GET MY HEART BACK IN SINUS RYTHYM, THEY INFORMED ME THAT I HAD TO GET OFF ALL BACK PAIN RELATED MEDICINE IMMEDIATLY. MY BACK PAIN IS FROM A FAILED BACK SURGERY TO FIX L-5,S-1 DISC AND NERVE. I HAVE BEEN ON MUSCLE RELAXANT'S AND MAJOR PAIN MEDS FOR 15 YEARS NOW. I AM NOW DEALING WITH THE WITHDRAWL (withdrawal) SYMPTOMS OF THESE MEDICINES AS WELL AS AFIB.  MY BACK PAIN IS AT A CONSTANT 9 OR 10 ON THE PAIN SCALE 24 SEVEN THUS NOT ALLOWING ME ANY REAL SLEEP AT ALL NOW. BEFORE  MY C-PAP HELP MY SLEEP ,THAT IS NOT EFFECTIVE AT ALL ANYMORE. IS THERE NAY MEDICATION I CAN TAKE TO HELP WITH MY CRONIC (chronic) BACK PIN WHILE DEALING WITH A-FIB.  A-FIB DIAGNOSE 6 MONTH'S AGO BACK SURGERY WAS IN 1999. I AM WATCHING WHAT I EAT, LOWERING SUGAR INTAKE, DO NOT USE CAFFINE PRODUCTS, I AM DOING EXERCISE IN A GYM POOL, I' HAVE LOST 10 POUND'S SINCE THE HOSPITAL STAY WHICH WAS EARLY DEC. I AM AT MY WITES END WITH UNCONTROLED AIFB,CRONIC (chronic) BACK PAIN, NO REM SLEEP, AND WITHDRAWING FROM, OXY,SOMA,AMBIEN,CYMBALTA. ANY IDEAS. THANKS JOHNNY B
1687176_tn?1321401609
Unfortunately, I can only address the issues related to your atria fibrillation, and am unable to make specific recommendations in this forum regarding your pain regimen.  The medications you are taking for your atrial fibrillation are typical ones that are used to prevent clots/strokes (anticoagulation/blood thinnners) and to keep your heart rate in a normal rhythm and rate (betapace, digoxin).  If there are side effects or medication interactions between your current regimen, you should speak to your primary care physician or your orthopedist who sees you for your back problems. There may be some other safe alternatives to alleviate your symptoms while not producing any medical harm.  Wearing your CPAP is also extremely important because obstructive sleep apnea is a large contributing factor to cases of atrial fibrillation.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity