Heart Disease Expert Forum
ablation and pacemaker
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

ablation and pacemaker

Posted By Emily on June 13, 1999 at 13:27:40
I have been diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia.  I have tried several beta blockers and now a combination of Inderal and Digoxin.  My doctor is planing on repeating the Holter and echo and reccommending that I see an EP doctor in Bethesda (military).  I have been told that if I have an ablation, I will most likley need a pacemaker.  I have been dealing with this condition for 1 and a half years and I've come to terms with the idea of a pacemaker because my quality of life right now is poor due to the dyspnea, SOB, activity intolerance etc.  My question is ... if I due need a pacemaker 1) Will it be placed during the ablation?  2) Will it be done by the same doctor?  3) Will it require an inpatient stay... and how long?  I would also appreciate any other information you might think useful on the subjects of undergoing an ablstion and pacemaker insertion.    Thank You

Follow Ups:

Re: ablation and pacemaker CCF CARDIO MD  JMF 6/13/1999
(0)

Re: ablation and pacemaker EDDiE 6/13/1999
(7)

ablation and pacemaker CCF CARDIO MD JMF 6/13/1999
(0)

ablation and pacemaker Dee 6/13/1999
(5)

Re: ablation and pacemaker CCF Cardio MD   JMF 6/13/1999
(4)

ablation and pacemaker Dee 6/14/1999