Heart Disease Expert Forum
blood pooling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

blood pooling

Actually 2 questions...what might cause blood pooling under exertion.  My 18-year-old consistently has visible blood pooling in the legs during the exertion.

What might be happening with a heart rhythm that feels like a water balloon sloshing from side to side in one's chest.  She has had that also.
1495448_tn?1326846430
Thanks for your questions.  Blood typically doesn't pool with exertion, but can pool after exertion during rest.  If there is visible "pooling" with exertion, it may be worth discussing with your doctor as it may indicate a significant elevation in the pressures on the right side of the heart.  As for the water balloon in the chest, I'm not sure what this could be referring to.  If there is a significant amount of fluid around the heart, i.e. a pericardial effusion, one may notice this on exam but it would be uncommon.  If your doctor feels it is warranted, an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) might give you some answers.  Best of luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity