Heart Disease Expert Forum
clotting, support groups, info on fontan procedure
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

clotting, support groups, info on fontan procedure

I have a 10 month old girl diagnosed with tricuspid atresia. She has an undeveloped left ventricle. She is being seen at the Clinic.She was on laysix until 6 months of age and is presently only taking iron supplements.  Her present oxygen sats is around 80-83 and is very active 15 pound bundle of joy.
  At 7 days old she had a balloon septostemy (to maintain a whole in her heart & which I believe is  necessary for a future fontan surgery) Is the term for that wholea VSD?
I have read in different places that these "holes" in the heart should be closed to prevent possible clotting which could cause other serous problems. Should I be concerned?  
  Is there a local support group for parents who have children heart defects? Do you have any suggestions on where I could go on the internet to find out outcomes of children who've had this fontan procedure and learn more about what may lie ahead for us?    

Thanks for your time
A concerned mom