Heart Disease Expert Forum
fast heart rate do i need to worry??
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

fast heart rate do i need to worry??

hi im 32 years old im male i weigh 220 im 5'11..
  this is my question or fear..it started after my wife and i divorced!!my heart rate went up. and it would go up all the time. it would go up to about 150 per min and id wake up in a cold sweat with my heart beating so hard and fast you could see my chest go up and down.i went to the the emergncy room countless times and every time i went there my heart rate would go down..and everytime they tested me they said i was fine..
  they did blood test and put me on a ekg..they did it all..i think they got tired of seeing me. so they gave me a beta blocker called temnorman excuse me if i spelled it wrong..or antenenal im not sure.and i also quit using caffine too. i still smoke though. but i take 5 mill of temnorman a day..
  it seemed to do the trick my heart rate went down to about 75 to 77 while resting.but now its going back up not as high. but it goes about a 100.
  and stays. even while resting..somtimes it goes to around 75-85
  i also tested my self i jogged in place for about 10 min going really fast then pacing then fast. my heart rate went about 120. but went back down to a 100..my heart does wind down, just before bed. and when i wake up its around 65-74 but as the day progresses it get around 85-100 is this ok, should i worry. i dont get shortness of breath or any wierd feelings in my chest.i have some slight pain in the top of my left hand and the top of my left shoulder.im left handed if that makes a difference.
  well anyways can you give me some clue if i have somthing to worry about.
  thanks in advance..