Heart Disease Expert Forum
heart attack?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

heart attack?

I am a 49 yr old non smoker female. Went to the ER 3 weeks ago for bronchitis. Had severe chest pain , lasted about a minute. Nurse came in and it was mild pain until they gave me nitro and baby asprin. Troponin level was 0.4, 0.7, and then 0.1. Stayed overnight with oxygen on. went to cardiologist and went through all the test but angiogram. Everything normal. Except for LDL 182 and cholesterol 242. Glucose was 5.7 which said it was risk for diabetes. All of this runs in my family. ER doc thought I had anxiety. My BP in the ER was 185/119. normal for me 120/75. i did not feel nervous. Cardio doc put me on lowpressor and Lipitor, and asprin. still having sweats and chills. Also very tired. Has anyone else had a troponin level like this after just 1 episode and then test were all normal? Was it cause I was on oxygen right away? Im troubled and confused.
Tags: Pain

No one can diagnose via the Internet. However, based on what you have described, I suggest you make sure you  had a stress test done (you mention  "all the test but angiogram" and I am not sure you had stress test).
You did have chest pain and  elevation of enzymes suggestive for cardiac cells injury. However this elevation was very mild. Sometimes we see this small elevation of cardiac troponins without true cardiac injury but it is wise to assume that it was real and further evaluate towards coronary artery disease-CAD (blockages in heart vessels) as your doctor did. Your doctor will decide if his level of suspicion for significant CAD is high enough to proceed with angiogram and I would follow with his/her recommendations. Hoever stress test would be a good noninvasive test to start with. Tiredness may not necessary be caused by disease  as Lopressor (beta blocker you are taking)  frequently causes tiredness.
Best wishes