Heart Disease Expert Forum
odd sensations in throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

odd sensations in throat

I am 46, have had a history of a slight heart murmur. Other than that, things have been going well so far. This last week I have had though a sensation of a pulse in my throat that is intermittent. Occurs even when at rest.  Any thoughts?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Dear susan841

Unfortunately this description is very nonspecific and it is hard to give you an accurate assessment. Cardiac murmurs could be due to a variety of causes and it might be unrelated to what you are experiencing. You might be experiencing palpitations and if it becomes distressing or overtly frequent, you might require blood tests and cardiac investigations to determine exact nature and cause of your condition.
I would ask you to discuss this with your PCP at your convenience.

Hope that helps

CCFHeartMD19