Heart Disease Expert Forum
palpitations after stent
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

palpitations after stent

Since getting a stent several months ago I have been getting episodes of heart palpitations. Is this normal and will it go away over time?
Dear Jay4471

It is hard to give you a response over the internet without examining you in person and reviewing your data but I will try to give you some helpful information.

Palpitations is a very non-specific term which can be due to multiple causes. A lot of times, they may not be associated with a blocked coronary arteries or even to the stent that you got.

I would advise you to discuss this with your cardiologist. A Holter monitor might be of particular benefit in your case. This monitor helps record your heart rhythm for 24-48 hours and will help delineate out your heart rhythm, when you are having symptoms.

Hope that helps
CCFHeartMD19
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker