Heart Disease Expert Forum
palpitations after stent

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

palpitations after stent

Since getting a stent several months ago I have been getting episodes of heart palpitations. Is this normal and will it go away over time?
Avatar dr m tn
Dear Jay4471

It is hard to give you a response over the internet without examining you in person and reviewing your data but I will try to give you some helpful information.

Palpitations is a very non-specific term which can be due to multiple causes. A lot of times, they may not be associated with a blocked coronary arteries or even to the stent that you got.

I would advise you to discuss this with your cardiologist. A Holter monitor might be of particular benefit in your case. This monitor helps record your heart rhythm for 24-48 hours and will help delineate out your heart rhythm, when you are having symptoms.

Hope that helps
CCFHeartMD19