Heart Disease Expert Forum
pvc's
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pvc's

My pvc's have ranged from 7000 to 18000 per day (according to the heart monitors).  The cardiologists say don't worry the heart itself looks normal just the rythm is abnormal. Well I just say this is a contradiction in itself that statement!  I was surprised to hear about the TUMS helping with pvc's but I am going to try this due to the fact I do have stomach issues!!  Has anyone had any problems with these issues when lets say flying??  I was wondering due to pressure..flight levels etc.  I am nervous about flying anyway now with this more so!!
If your only cardiac issue is PVCs, then flying should not be an issue. It is likely that when the cardiologist refers to your heart as normal, they mean the pumping function and valves are normal. This does not refer to the electrical activity of your heart. In most cases, PVCs are not detrimental unless they cause symptoms that are difficult to deal with or, in some cases, substantial numbers of PVCs for a long period of time can cause an issue with heart function, though this is fairly uncommon. I hope this helps.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank