Heart Disease Expert Forum
skipped hearbeats
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

skipped hearbeats

My daughter age 9 recently stated she had a hard time breathing,,,note she has had a stomach virus x 3 days,,,while obtaining lung sounds with stethoscope( they were clear) I listened to her heart beat,,,I could hear skipped beats,,,note HR at 110 with her skipping/dropping actual beats at about 4-6 per minute,,,had ekg preformed at fire dept and it confirmed dropped beats,,ekg shows beat regular with good formation,,then a gap ,,,it doesnt appear to be any kind of heart block,,,the beat is just missing,,I've learned that an occasional droped beat is normal but 4-6 a minute??She went to primary care doctor today,,,and he looked at the ekg that i had done,,,never hooked her up to his and stated this is normal,,,,,,ive seen plenty of ekgs in 20 years and never have i seen so many pauses,,,,,she has good P-R interval that doesnt change in lenth,,,good QRS and ST segment,,,,every 10 to 14 beats,,, one is missing,,,,,,,,,,Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!