Heart Disease Expert Forum
skipped hearbeats

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

skipped hearbeats
My daughter age 9 recently stated she had a hard time breathing,,,note she has had a stomach virus x 3 days,,,while obtaining lung sounds with stethoscope( they were clear) I listened to her heart beat,,,I could hear skipped beats,,,note HR at 110 with her skipping/dropping actual beats at about 4-6 per minute,,,had ekg preformed at fire dept and it confirmed dropped beats,,ekg shows beat regular with good formation,,then a gap ,,,it doesnt appear to be any kind of heart block,,,the beat is just missing,,I've learned that an occasional droped beat is normal but 4-6 a minute??She went to primary care doctor today,,,and he looked at the ekg that i had done,,,never hooked her up to his and stated this is normal,,,,,,ive seen plenty of ekgs in 20 years and never have i seen so many pauses,,,,,she has good P-R interval that doesnt change in lenth,,,good QRS and ST segment,,,,every 10 to 14 beats,,, one is missing,,,,,,,,,,Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Without being able to see the ECG, it is hard to comment on the findings of the ECG. If this is something that you are worried about, I would suggest finding a pediatric cardiologist who can look at the ECG and help you with the situation.