Hemorrhoids Community
Hemorrhoidectomy 48 days ago

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Hemorrhoidectomy 48 days ago

I had Hemorrhoidectomy Surgery for 3 internal and 2 external hemorrhoids.  I have healed very well, but now I have a rash along with very dry chapped skin.  It feels like a I needles poking in my rectum, the skin is very reddish pink and shiny.  I've tried baby rash cream for 2 weeks, curel lotions.  I am in a lot of pain.  When it's hot I sweat and that makes it worse.  After every bowel movement I goto the shower and use water to clean. I believe what has happened is that I used cortisone cream everyday for 2 months before deciding to do the surgery so now my skin is damaged.  I've changed my diet to include a lot of fruits and oatmeal. I also stopped eating meat for 10 days to see if this would change, but nothing works.
Hi!
You can apply some coconut oil to the area externally and see if it helps. There are emollient creams available which can help. Do not use shower jets or any ointments. Gently wipe the area with cotton dipped in water or gently splashing water after passing stool. If this does not help, consult a doctor. You may have developed fungal infection or dermatitis or a rash due to creams you used. Take care!