Hemorrhoids Community
Internal hemorrhoid and missionary sex

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Internal hemorrhoid and missionary sex

I was diagnosed with a internal hemorrhoid. Dr didn't look, just told me that was what it was, gave me some meds and try to push it back in. Later everything seemed ok; after it went "away". But when me and my husband have sex (missionary. yea I know, boring) I get this pressure around my anus. Like it wants to pop back out again. This is not making things enjoyable.

What is going on? Should I go back to the Dr and have them really check it out?
Is sex ever going to be fully enjoyable again?

I'm a 31 year old female. Just in case. This is my first post.
Hi and sorry the late reply. Once you get hemorrids its an on going problem. You can put prescription creams to help shrink them but once the affected tissue is stretched it really can only be really fixed by an operation. What happened is there is a bubble of tissue where blood was forced into and stretched it. Depending on your diet it will fill with blood again when pushing or even sitting wrong for a long time. Short of the operation you just have to learn to live with it using prep H or a 2.5% hydo cream.