Is It Hemorrhoids?
I am a 17 year old male. Over the past few months I've been experiencing a great deal of anal burning, mostly after bowel movements. The burning is worse when I have diarrhea or harder stool. Also, whenever I wipe after a bowel movement, I get small amounts of blood on the toilet paper. My stool has also been frequently dark. I had a fairly bad bout of constipation in September, and also experienced dark stool then as well.

This might be pertinent information: I've noticed an excess of moisture in my anal area, from the perineum to the beginning of my "crack." It seems to be odorless, and I presume that it's simply sweat. However, it seems to be worsening the problem...it seems to make my anal area itchy, resulting in more discomfort after I scratch. Throughout my life, I've had times when it was very itchy down there, but the itching never continued for an extended period of time. However, my anal area has constantly been itchy over the past few months.

Is it possible that this is hemorrhoids, or is it something else? Should I be worried about this problem, and should I consider going to see a doctor?
Hi!
It is difficult to diagnose the condition on net. Worms are the commonest cause of anal itch. Scratching repeatedly can cause sores. Itchy anus can also be due to undigested food like citrus fruits, grapes, certain spices, tomatoes, certain medicines like antibiotics and laxatives and certain drinks like beer, milk, tea, or coffee. IBS, Crohn’s and food intolerance should also be looked into. Anal fissures, hemorrhoids, threadworms can all cause anal itch. Itch can also be due to irritants like synthetic fiber, toiletries or fungal infection. Genital warts and sores of herpes should also be ruled out. Eczema, dermatitis and fungal infection can also cause this. You need to consult a skin specialist for confirmed diagnosis. Your PCP too can help run basic tests like stool examination and STD swab tests for herpes and genital warts. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!