help
I struggle going to the toilet and wen I do I'm in soo much pain and I have bleeding, I haven't seen Dr coz too embarrassed, what could this be and what could I do to help it? Thanks
Hi!
If you struggle going to toilet then you must be having constipation. Hard stool can injure the anus, or the pressure of pushing can cause hemorrhoids or fissures. All these can cause bleeding.
Chronic constipation can be due to diet poor in roughage or fiber and also due to dehydration. A high roughage with low water too could be a cause.  Diabetes and hypothyroidism, colon disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticular diseases, cancers, severe acidity etc can all cause constipation. It can also be due to milk allergy and other food allergies. Too many tape worms or round worms forming a bolus or ball could also be the cause. A proper investigation is required preferably by a gastroenterologist (a doctor who looks after the digestive system) to know what is the cause. The treatment will follow correct diagnosis.  Take care!