hemorrhoid at MEPS
I plan to join the military very soon and came across what i assume is a hemorrhoid. i have noticed it about 2 months ago thinking it was just loose skin from constipation and straining. i have read up on a bunch of information about it and still question if it is a hemorrhoid or not. i do not experience any bleeding or pain whatsoever, i have applied preparation H as a caution. i do not drink nor smoke, and i also have increased the fiber in my diet. i will be seeing a doctor soon once my insurance kicks in. do you think this condition is a disqualifier for the military?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You cannot be disqualified on the basis of a hemorrhoid. However, it may or may not be one. Without examining the lump, it is difficult to comment what it is. Here is a list of possibilities of what it could be. The lump could be a prolapsed hemorrhoid, a skin tag, a benign rectal tumor, a rectal polyp, a rectal abscess, genital wart or a hematoma. Please consult your doctor for confirmed diagnosis.
If it a prolapsed hemorrhoid