Hemorrhoids Community
is it possible i have this?
About This Community:

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is it possible i have this?

I recently had a baby and ever since ive had pain while pooping,everytime i would poop i would tear. And just yesterday i noticed blood..what should i do?. Im afraid to go to the dr.... will it go away? If so, how and when?...
Related Discussions
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
If it was a normal vaginal delivery, then this can precipitate hemorrhoid or fissure formation. Hemorrhoids can get injured or infected and cause pain. Fissures are tears in anal lining and are painful. This will not go away on its own. For both fissures and hemorrhoids you need to soak in a tub filled with a few inches of warm water (sitz bath) twice a day for 15 minutes each. There are hemorrhoidal creams and local anesthetics available in the market which you can apply. Eat lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, oats, porridge etc. Good sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. In addition you can try bulk stool softener such as psyllium (Metamucil) or methylcellulose (Citrucel). Remember too much of fiber and not proportionate increase in fluid can also cause constipation. Consult your doctor regarding this. Most doctors can diagnose hemorrhoids by clinical examination of the anal opening or by proctoscopy (inserting a proctoscope, an instrument to visualize the anal mucosa better). If all these measures fail, you will need surgery—either conventional or laser. You should ideally consult a colo-rectal surgeon for this. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hemorrhoids Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank