Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
Hep C and Cryo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Hep C and Cryo

I need to know what causes hives in hep c.  I have cryo and have been on treatment to keep the cryo underc control.  I get hives a lot and also have bad proteins in the blood which clot when I get cold.  Mostly in the legs and thighs and mostly when I fly.  I have ugly legs, leftover blotches
I see noone has commented and it is possibly because what you are experiencing is rare if you mean cryo as cryoglobulinemia? You may have vasculitis also and this could be causing the "hives" and leaving dark brown blotches that start out as little red dots. Try not to scratch them could cause infection and its hard to treat at the skin.
It is a rare complication of HepC called  cryoglobulinemia/vasculitis. Its an attack on your blood and vascular system caused by your immune system attacking itself. Sound familiar? Same problem but different ballgame.
Is your treatment Rituximab? If so, you may need to have a second treatment to stop the overproduction of cryoglobulins in your blood. The odds are that the first treatment will help but not stop the problem.
You should get a liver panel and CBC to make sure you don't have liver damage or kidney damage.
It sounds like you are on the right track but it is a never ending track and the more you know the better off you'll be.
DON'T ASSUME you are getting the correct answer. "TRUST BUT VERIFY" Ronald Reagan - I think that is about the best advice anyone can give when it comes your health.
Good Luck and GOD Bless