SGOT and SGBT results
I am 46 y/o and was applying for a health insurance. After my blood tests, the results were all ok except for SGOT of 41 and SGBT of 55. I was denied coverage because my liver enzymes were too high. I tiold them many years ago ( 19) I had a tooth filling fall off and they would not give me an appt for 3 weeks and I was leaving on vacation the next day. I begged them to no avail, so my molar ended up cracking in half creating excruciating pain....I was on Tylenol extra strength every 6 hrs for approx 1  month ( after the 2 week vacation, Hurricane Andrew hit FL , so I was delayed 3 more days and once back, it was impossible to get an appontment). After that I donated blood and my blood was denied for the high levels of liver enzymes. Since then I have been always on the borderline level, ranging between 28 and 41 levels, so when my Dr questioned me on routine physicas, they never thought much about those levels when I explain them my story.
I have been told by my insurance that if my Dr can attest to that as his reason for never initiating further tests or treatment, I might have a chance........ I assume that since there is no dx or treament in my records, they assume this is a new event  ( nevermind that on the old test results that show similar results, they are on the normal range column of the test)....
Could this be my new normal once I masaccred my liver with the Tylenol. Needless to say ,I have been terrified to take Tylenol or any other pain medication for that matter since 1992. Is this a logical reason to be denied coverage?
To be concerned about my result?
I am seeing my Dr tomorrow and I guess new tests will be in order so I can start my appeal process.  Thanks anybody for any suggestions, comments...
Iliana
Hi Iliana,

What did your doctor advise on this?  Can't believe you were denied health insurance because of your liver enzymes :(