Hepatitis Autoimmune Community
SGOT and SGBT results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to autoimmune hepatitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SGOT and SGBT results

I am 46 y/o and was applying for a health insurance. After my blood tests, the results were all ok except for SGOT of 41 and SGBT of 55. I was denied coverage because my liver enzymes were too high. I tiold them many years ago ( 19) I had a tooth filling fall off and they would not give me an appt for 3 weeks and I was leaving on vacation the next day. I begged them to no avail, so my molar ended up cracking in half creating excruciating pain....I was on Tylenol extra strength every 6 hrs for approx 1  month ( after the 2 week vacation, Hurricane Andrew hit FL , so I was delayed 3 more days and once back, it was impossible to get an appontment). After that I donated blood and my blood was denied for the high levels of liver enzymes. Since then I have been always on the borderline level, ranging between 28 and 41 levels, so when my Dr questioned me on routine physicas, they never thought much about those levels when I explain them my story.
I have been told by my insurance that if my Dr can attest to that as his reason for never initiating further tests or treatment, I might have a chance........ I assume that since there is no dx or treament in my records, they assume this is a new event  ( nevermind that on the old test results that show similar results, they are on the normal range column of the test)....
Could this be my new normal once I masaccred my liver with the Tylenol. Needless to say ,I have been terrified to take Tylenol or any other pain medication for that matter since 1992. Is this a logical reason to be denied coverage?
To be concerned about my result?
I am seeing my Dr tomorrow and I guess new tests will be in order so I can start my appeal process.  Thanks anybody for any suggestions, comments...
Iliana