HBsag Reactive
How can i be Hbsag non-reactive? My SGPT for a woman is at 23.
Hi there,
If you have been HBsag reactive for more than 6 months there are chances that you can become a carrier. I need to know other test results like tests for hepatitis B surface antibody and hepatitis B core antibody. All three test results are needed in order to make a clear diagnosis. Results of the tests are typically evaluated together. Most cases who are HBsag positive almost 90-95 % resolve on their own but in 5-10% the infection can become chronic. It is advisable to consult a hepatologist for proper investigation like a repeat test for confirmation, long term follow up and if antiviral therapy is needed. Antiviral medicine is indicated if there is a chronic HBV infection, if the virus is multiplying or liver damage exists or may develop. The decision for antiviral therapy should be left to the treating doctor. See a hepatologist.I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!