Hepatitis B Community
HEPATITIS FROM PROSTATE CHECK???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HEPATITIS FROM PROSTATE CHECK???

So here is my question, a week ago I had a prostate check and after the exam I noticed that the Doctor did not use a glove for this which to me is very unprofessional. I have hemorroids (hemorrhoids) and after the prostate check there was some blood from them and currently I am experiencing burning and stomach pain.  Is there anyway I can get Hep A,B,C from this  or any other disease?  I wanted to know before having intercourse with my wife (which is pregnant) and I dont want to take any chances

Thank you for a response.
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, strict hygienic measures are needed to prevent Hepatitis B infection. Hepatitis B can spread through improper techniques, if there has been mixing of blood or body fluids. You can get yourself tested to know the exact status. Also, there is vaccination for hepatitis B, please have yourself vaccinated. Regards.