Hep b

Can anyone tell me what it means to be undetectable HBe antigen, low viral activity, low infectivity chronic carrier state.  It also says it is a feature of infection with per core variant HBV.

Thank u

Andg
Your description is not very clear. I assume your HBeAg is negative, but what about your HBeAb? I assume "low viral activity" means your viral load, level of hbvdna, is very low. Yes, if you are HBeAg negative, very low hbvdna level, ALT normal, then you are in the inactive phase, with low infectivity. Hopefully, you can stay in this phase for a long time. However in some cases, over time, the virus will mutate and start replicating again, as a consequence, Inflammation recurs and ALT will rise again. The patients now have HBeAg negative chronic hepatitis and treatment is indicated. This mutation is called the precore mutation.