Hepatitis B?
My daughter donated blood and was informed by the Red Cross that the following test was positive:  Antibodies to hepatitis B core antigen (anti-HBc, IgG and IgM).   All other hep. B tests were negative.  She was vaccinated as a baby.  She is now 19.  What does this mean?  She donated blood two months prior to this last donation  with no problems.  Is it possible to be vaccinated and still contract the disease?  They stated in their letter that the vaccine would not elevate the core antigen.  Thank you for your help.
As stated in the disclaimer by Med Help, there are no drs monitoring the hepatitis board, but if you want one there is a gastro in that forum, that will answer for a fee.
I would do a web search on the item to see what it might mean. As for whether you can contrat hep b if vaccinated, yes, you can. Vaccines need boosters every 10 yrs or so to keep up the immunity.  If the titer falls too low, you can contract the disease. If a baby gets the vaccine, it might need a booster around puberty.