Hepatitis B Community
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT MY DAUGHTER MIGHT HAVE HEPATITIS

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I had my daughter in 2004 then decided to donate blood in 2006 and found out that i was expose to hep b. futhermore i am immune because i receive hep b vaccination. do you think my daughter have hep b. right now my  hepatitis b surface antigen ia negative but my hepatitis b core ab,total  is pos abn negative what does this mean. please help me.
well you are immuned by either past infection and then clearance of hbv or vaccination. looks from what you are saying is that you are immuned by clearance of past infection. you are clear of it and so is your daughter. you cant give something you which you dont have so there is no chance you can give your daughter this virus since you..well. .dont have it , you see

also , to ease your worries, new borns receive their first shot of hbv vaccination 2 within the first two hours after they are born. by the time they are one year old they have already received all three shots .. your daughter will need another vaccination in her early teen.. maybe 12,13,or 14 . some people do it earlier .
if you wat to double check on her immunity , call her doctor and make sure she is current with her hbv shots and make sure she did indeed get all 3 before she turned one,  run a simple blood test for hbv to see if she negative to it but bare in mind that most children at that age will probably show negative to hbv but still wont show any antibodies so her hbsab will probably show negative as well but thats bormal amongst children so dont panic

to sum it up , i wouldnt worry much if i were you.. youdohave the virus and like mentioned above one cant give something which one doesnt have

good luck