Length of time between Hepatitis B vaccines
I have gotten conflicting information on the times between each injection of the vaccine.  I received my first set of vaccine three years ago, between the first and second injections there was a 6 weeks period. After the three injection the test results came back saying I did not have the antibodies. My doctor said that sometimes the vaccine does not take, but I could try again. Decemeber of 1998 I started again, receiving the second injection in January of 1999.  But I have not recieved the three injection.  In Septemeber 1999 I had an appointment at a walk-in clinic, but they told me it had been to long to start all over.  When I saw the nurse practitioner at my family doctor in December 1999, she said it shouldn't matter to come in for the third injection.  
My questions are: 1-Is it alright to get the thrid injection or is it too late?  2-The first time it did not take, could it have been because of the tradiness between the first and second injections? 3-Could it be that I can not develop the antibodies? and Why?