Hepatitis B Community
Length of time between Hepatitis B vaccines

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I have gotten conflicting information on the times between each injection of the vaccine.  I received my first set of vaccine three years ago, between the first and second injections there was a 6 weeks period. After the three injection the test results came back saying I did not have the antibodies. My doctor said that sometimes the vaccine does not take, but I could try again. Decemeber of 1998 I started again, receiving the second injection in January of 1999.  But I have not recieved the three injection.  In Septemeber 1999 I had an appointment at a walk-in clinic, but they told me it had been to long to start all over.  When I saw the nurse practitioner at my family doctor in December 1999, she said it shouldn't matter to come in for the third injection.  
My questions are: 1-Is it alright to get the thrid injection or is it too late?  2-The first time it did not take, could it have been because of the tradiness between the first and second injections? 3-Could it be that I can not develop the antibodies? and Why?