Risk of contracting Hepatitis B?
Hi everyone. First, you all should know that I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning to discuss this, and to get tested/vaccinated for Hepatitis B.

About eight years ago, I had a serious boyfriend. I was young, stupid, and in love, and had unprotected vaginal sex with him. He never ejaculated inside of me. I did however, contract genital hsv1 from him giving me oral sex while having a cold sore. Most recently, about a year and a half ago, I was in a relationship with someone whom I discussed std status (he claimed to be negative) with before engaging in any behavior. We didn't have penetrative vaginal sex, he did try to have unprotected anal sex with me, which I stopped when I realized what was happening....

As you can see from previous posts, several years after this relationship I started to freak out about HIV. I got tested, twice, and am negative. However, a friend recently made a joke about me freaking out about std's, and if I've ever been tested for hepatitis b, which I haven't. So yep, I'm freaking out. I don't make it a habit to have unprotected sex. I've had protected, safe, sex with multiple partners.

I guess what I'm asking for is reassurance... I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow anyway, because I know myself, and this will bother me until I know for sure. Can someone please tell me if I'm at high risk or any risk for hepatitis b? Any comments will be greatly appreciated.... I'm worried sick about this.
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Hepatitis B virus is transmitted by exposure to infectious blood or body fluids like semen and vaginal fluids. Hepatitis B is unlikely to spread through oral sex unless you or your partner has herpes, ulcers or bleeding gums. It is already 8 years since the exposure and you do not have symptoms so the chances of having hepatitis B infection seem to be unlikely. It is best to get tested for hepatitis B infection because hepatitis B infection often begins damaging the liver before it causes signs and symptoms. Your doctor may advise test for hepatitis B surface antigen .If a person is positive for this antigen it means it is an active hepatitis B infection and can easily pass the virus to others. Immunization is the most effective way to protect against hepatitis B infection and you should receive three doses of the vaccine. Discuss your concerns with your doctor and keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!