Statin-induced hepatotoxicity is just a myth
http://blogs.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/2011/03/do-statins-harm-the-liver.html

In 2007, I started a series about the safety of statin therapy that I wrote for my Cholesterol Management 101 Blog on WebMD. One of the topics I discussed with respect to this class of drugs was on the potential effects on the liver. As I stated in that post, all the information was current and evidence-based at that time.  It was provided by the National Lipid Association Statin Safety Task Force, which was an independent body of experts whose sole task was to answer certain question using all available resources and literature available. Their conclusions were published in the American Journal of Cardiology. Since that time, the GREACE Study-liver function test data was published in The Lancet in November 2010. It further confirms that the myth of statin induced liver toxicity is just that — a myth.
on the blog the article goes on
stef2011, thanks.