Hepatitis B Community
vit D level>32ng/ml and trials
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

vit D level>32ng/ml and trials

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01083251

i think it is good to keep an eye on this trial and especially on vit D level to stay higher than 32ng/ml since even if it doesn t work it will make no harm

this cannot prove anything because there are too many variables but:
when i was taking supplements of vit d 4000iu or more daily the response to entecavir 0,5mg and ntazoxanide 1,5-2g daily was a decrease of hbsag about 2500iu/ml in one month

now i am not taking vitamin D anymore because it made my creatinine rise but response to entecavir+ntz is lowering of hbsag level of 2600iu/ml in 3 months

i could never reach high levels of vit D but i could get to higher levels between 28-47ng/ml, now i just take a little daily sun to increase it, not supplements

again no conclusions can be made and this is just an obervation