Hepatitis C Community
Hepatitis while in period
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hepatitis while in period

Hi all, I am dating a Hep C positive woman and we inadvertently had unprotected sex on the 1st day of her period. After intercourse, we were both covered in blood. What are the risks of contraction following this scenario.
Thanks.
Related Discussions
  • throw sex? (15 replies):
    i had a std test including hepitits c test before and du...[more]
  • Hep-C (3 replies):
    how does it affect person with hep-c to have unprotected...[more]
  • Hep C (2 replies):
    I have Hep C if i am practicing safe sex but had sex o...[more]
  • SEX (45 replies):
    Ok I need to know if I need to keep using these damn con...[more]
  • oral sex (7 replies):
    My Girlfriend has Hepatitis C. Can I get Hepatitis C by ...[more]
16 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1765684_tn?1333822768
HCV is present in menstrual blood. You should get tested.
Blank
1669790_tn?1333666195
Interesting question that hasn't been raised recently.  If blood to blood, could happen.  Get tested.   Following is a link to an older discussion.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Hepatitis-C-and-Menstruation/show/687415
Blank
Whenever there is blood involved  and one partner has HCV then there is risk and a simple HCV test should be done..
Best...
Will

http://www.hepatitisaustralia.com/about-hepatitis/hepatitis-c/women-and-hepatitis-c

If hep C is transmitted during sex, it is likely to be through blood-to-blood contact. This emphasises the need for safe sex practices where there is a risk of blood-to-blood contact, e.g. sex when you have cuts or lesions on or close to the genitals, during anal sex (because the anus lining is easily broken), during menstruation, and during sexual practices that may involve bleeding or broken skin.
Blank
446474_tn?1404424777
"inadvertently" had sex? How does that happen? Did she "inadvertently" have sex too?
"we were both covered in blood."

"What are the risks of contraction following this scenario."
Was this during BDSM (cutting, abrasive skin torture, biting through skin-vampire) sex or straight sex?
As long as you didn't have any open bleeding wounds on your body you should have no chance of contraction of hep C.

For anyone who knowingly would play with the blood of an hepatitis C infected person indicated that you may not be mature enough for have responsible sex with anyone.

And she let you be covered in her HCV infected blood? I hope she doesn't have HIV.

If you have any doubts go see a doctor and explain the circumstances to him or her.

Hector
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
I looked at your profile. Please stop playing games with us, we aren't here for your entertainment.

This is his last post:

Utility | Feb 05, 2012

I had sex with my hep c positive girlfriend and upon completion, my penis was covered in blood due to relatively rough intercourse.
What are the chances of infection in this case? Thanks.
Blank
1669790_tn?1333666195
Thanks OH, missed that one.  :|
Blank
1652596_tn?1342015226
we are honestly NOT interested in your sex life.
Blank
Can you inadvertently get a life?
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
I've gotten so tired of the OCD posts that I always check profiles first.

Off topic: Like you, I don't deal well with sympathy.
Don't feel sorry for me, I don't!
Blank
Good call, Orphanedhawk. This dude is really not funny, but on the other hand the ridiculousness of his posts are somewhat laughable.

It's not just his last post that sends up a red flag, but most and I didn't get past the first page of them. There seems to be an obsession with certain things indicating a not so healthy mind. How strange to use this forum to vent his fetishes. On the other hand, if this is indicative of a true mental illness I hope he gets himself to the proper place for help.  

Blank
I just want a yes or no answer to my question I'm a girl (with hep c) n my boyfriend n me do have sex while I have my period can he get it?
Blank
Yes.
Blank
3230925_tn?1397619565
Blank
1840891_tn?1383280315
There is no absolute yes or no answer. Yes it's possible, but it would still require him to have an open cut on his penis at the time, so it's not very probable. My husband and I had sex when menstrual blood was present a number of times (back when I was infected but did not yet know it) and he never became infected, but he never had cuts or sores on his penis.
Blank
3122657_tn?1357436202
I am sooo sorry i really dont judge anyone BUT EEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Thats just NASTY
Blank
2203249_tn?1338994046
In my opinion, anyone who "plays in blood" is very inmature. If they told you upfront they were hep c positive then WHY would you even have sex while she was on her period...the chance is slim but why take the risk? I've been dating my bf for 3 years whom is hep c positive, we have sex but NEVER while i'm on my period.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...