Hepatitis C Community
My mother has Hep c and latent TB

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

My mother has Hep c and latent TB

Hello my mother has had hep c for around 30 years now (blood transfusion) and recently got the gold blood test for tb as she was told she had it at a nursing home when her leg got broke with the skin test. She took a chest x-ray and everything is fine. However I'm very worried how to even start with this duel diagnosis.

I read ethumbutol was a first line drug but her doctors are recommending InH and vit b6
and I'm concerned as she has the hep c and this drug can increase the risk of heptotoxity .as well as be a strain on the liver.
She has complained that her legs and arms are jelly like and its worrying her and me.
She also has osteo arthritus and is somewhat limited physically because of a car accident years ago and I'm wondering if this might be a natrual progession over time as well? She's 56

I would greatly appreciate any guidance, insight or feedback. Her viral load is at a million and she does not have cirrhosis, however she hasn't had a liver biopsy done only ultrasound.

How urgent is care? What are possible complications that are caused with treatment for tb and is there a way to avoid them?
Also does her hep c have a chance of strengthening if treatment for tb is carried out?

Do I have to seriously worry about a liver transplant being possible? if so that terrifies me.
    Well I successfully treated my hepatitis C infection using daily doses of BHT [ butylated hydroxytoluene ]. Like your mother, I am also a carrier of TB. The dosage I used was 200mg of BHT per day with water on an EMPTY STOMACH. I wait about one hour before eating to allow for maximum absorbtion of the METABOLITES of BHT. BHT itself is only very slightly water soluble and has to be metabolized before absorbtion can occur. Simply put: one or more oxygen atoms are incorporated unto the BHT molecule in a number of different ways to make BHT water soluble. I am 62 years old, not a young person also.
     This BHT stuff really does work as a treatment for hepatitis C and is relatively safe to take in the small doses I have discussed. The NOEL [ No-Observed-Effects-Level ] for BHT as to TOXICITY is 25mg per kg of bodyweight per day. That works out to 1,250mg per day for a 110 pound person.
   I was quite sick with hepatitis C back in 1997. A failing liver and all that. I was WELL in about 3 to 4 weeks. By well I mean my liver function test were back to NORMAL and I was symptum FREE with daily dosing of BHT.
   Now, like I said before I am also a carrier of TB. Now this TB infection became active during this period of time I was sick with hepatitis C. Chest X-rays showed calcium deposits consistent with an active TB infection.
   I was getting a little freaked out about then, just a little. I was worried The VA [ Veterans Administration ] would order me to be institutionalized for TB. Anyway I continued taking my BHT and in about another month or two my chest X-rays cleared up and I was no longer required to check in with the VA outpatient clinic.
    I continue to take daily doses of BHT to this day and have NEVER suffered any ill effects doing so.
   So, make what you will of all that. In my opinion, based on my experience, BHT is both safe and effective for treating hepatitis C with a know carrier of TB.   ...Oscar
Your story certainly eased my stress level for the night Oscar. I've been reading quite a lot since last week and haven't seen BHT mentioned once that's quite a pleasant surprise :)

My mom is all about natural and homeopathic if given the chance so this will definately make her smile.

How did you start taking BHT for hep c?

my moms liver is doing pretty well it's TB I'm worried might be wearing down her body without being too apparent about, especially since she broke her leg like two years ago she noticed her muscle tone change and decrease and then the doctor said it's wasting but that doctors (as sorry as I am to say it ) rather unreliable as far as confidence goes.

Boy it cleared your TB up too huh?
  Dear smugglesworth, I do not want to confuse you. I think the reason the TB infection became active is because the hepatitis C infection had severely compromised my liver and therefore my immune system. The failing liver caused the TB infection to become active. And, my liver`s recovery led to my immune system`s ability to cope with a TB infection once again.
    Am I clear about that ? But, BHT has proven to be an immune system booster also. TB is a bacterial infection, NOT a viral infection. Never the less, enhancing the immune system is a very big help in coping with a TB infection. So, in conclusion: I do not think of BHT as an antibacterial compound. But, I see good reason to believe it can boost the immune system. There have been many and I do mean many studies done that show a definate Average Lifespan Increase with daily dosing with BHT beginning with Dr. Dehnam Harman`s studies back in the 1950s. A between 30 and 50% average life span increase. The Journal PHYSIOLOGICAL REVIEWS discusses all this here:   http://physrev.physiology.org/content/87/4/1175/T3.expansion.html
I'm surprised to hear that BHT is helping you in your fight against HepC.  Most of the information I've read about BHT is negative and nothing I've read promotes using it as an aid in fighting HepC.  Do you know of a link to a study about BHT and HepC?  BTW, why not just tx your HepC with the drugs that are available and actually cure people?

The following information is about your BHT.

ingredients in a product that can cause changes in the taste or color. As such, it is primarily used to prevent fats in foods from becoming rancid – but it is also used in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, jet fuels, rubber, petroleum products, electrical transformer oil, and embalming fluid. Yummy! Sure sounds like something that should definitely be in our food, right? Turns out this additive, used in all the above, has a lovely MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) that says the following:

* Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment.
    * Combustible.
    * Ingestion causes Abdominal pain. Confusion. Dizziness. Nausea. Vomiting.
    * The substance may have effects on the liver.
    * The substance is harmful to aquatic organisms.

Makes it look even more appetizing to have in our food and in our cosmetics! The Cosmetics Database rates BHT as having a “high hazard to high hazard depending on product usage” and says it has been shown to be linked to cancer, developmental toxicity, allergies, neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, biochemical or cellular level changes. So what kinds of products, other than our food (it is FDA approved for use in food), can BHT be found in? How about a short list as a primer for you to check out:

* BUMBLE AND BUMBLE DEHYDRATION THERAPY COMPLEX
    * Neutrogena Sunblock Stick, SPF 60+
    * Avon ANEW ULTIMATE Skin Transforming Cream
    * K-Y Touch Massage 2-in-1 Warming Body Massage & Personal Lubricant
    * CVS Beauty Bars Sensitive Skin
    * Dove Beauty Bar Soap, Sensitive Skin
    * PRESCRIPTIVES BROWSHAPING PENCIL
    * Neutrogena Skin Smoothing Body Lotion

Pretty popular products, right? And who wants to use a product or eat a food that has ingredients also used in jet fuels and embalming fluid? Before you buy a product, I highly suggest you check out lists like the one I referenced to see exactly what you are buying.
Share and Enjoy:

http://www.thegoodhuman.com/2009/09/24/what-is-bht-butylated-hydroxytoluene-and-why-you-should-avoid-it/
Yes, of course I am aware of all these dire warnings about BHT. Who is not ? BUT, unlike you, I actually read the very many studies [ over 200 such studies ] that give a NOEL [ No-Observed-Effects-Level ] for BHT as to toxicity of 25mg per day per kg of body weight. A 110 pound person weighs 50 kilograms. And 25 X 50 does equal 1,250mg. So that is the NOEL for BHT. What do you think the NOEL is for interferon as to toxicity or any of the other prescribable medicines ? All the prescribable medications have severe and well documented negative impact on human health. Just read the postings in this and other forums if you doubt that. Is the use of these toxic compounds not a careful balancing act used in hope of achieving some temporary at BEST improvement ? That NOEL is based on a LIFETIME of daily dosing of BHT for the mice and different mammals. NOT some short term dosing as is what these conventional treatments are.
   Also, and IMPORTANTLY: Lifetime daily dosing with BHT has proven to be an AVERAGE LIFESPAN EXTENDER of up to 31% as shown in this PHYSIOLOGICAL REVIEWS table:    http://physrev.physiology.org/content/87/4/1175/T3.expansion.html

There is a long informative discussion of all that here:     http://physrev.physiology.org/content/87/4/1175.full

I expect you consider yourself more knowledgeable than the many scientists who are referenced in that article. But I do dare ask you, based on what exactly ? Do you have a PHD. in biochemistry as many of these scientists do ? And if you do, what exactly is it is that you disagree with them about ?   ...Oscar
We told you here about six months ago...we would like you to list any and all studies that said the food preservative BHT could cure HCV ..You told us you could not and that  you were finished posting here.

To any and all new folks: there is no evedince whatsoever in clinical trials that the preservative BHT will do any thing to eradicate HCV.....buyer be VERY aware!

Will
Yes, I remember you and others. I will post a links that will not work, but you can type them in yourself in a websearch. I am sure that is too much to ask of you, but it can be done with a small effort. I will point out that those VIRAL LOAD COUNTS were not available until 2002. You and others grabbed onto the fact that I could provide viral load counts as PROOF that everything I said was untrue. All my tests were done in 1997.
    And who asked for your opinion anyway ? What suggestions do you have for MOST of the people who are prescribed these very toxic compounds, only to find out they do not work ?
    Also, not only is BHT non-toxic in the dosages I have discussed, IT IS GOOD FOR YOU as that PHYSIOLOGICAL REVIEWS table and extensive article discusses.
    So exactly what is the harm in giving BHT a 4 week trial to see if it works or not as a treatment for hepatitis C as it absolutely did for me ? Here are links to 2 others this treatment worked for in a matter of weeks, less than one month:
   January`s statement here:   http://forum.lef.org/default.aspx?f=41&m=44212

gina`s here:   http://www.************.com/boards/showthread.php?t=567847&highlight=cirrosis%C2%A0

So there are two such statements plus mine equals three such statements. So why not give BHT a shot in those small dosages I have discussed for that short period of time for people who are far less than happy with the prescribed medicines that are guaranteed to cause harm in even short term dosing ?
    Surely even you can see my point. Try the BHT in the small doses I have discussed for 4 weeks and see if there is the dramatic improvement or not. If not you can always quit taking BHT if you choose to. Those mice discussed in that PHYSIOLOGICAL REVIEWS article showed an: AVERAGE LIFESPAN INCREASE of 31% with a lifetime of dosing with BHT. What do YOU think would happen to a person dosed with interferon or any of the other prescribed medications for their lifetime ?
     Please go back where you came from and stop with all this non-sense about BHT being toxic at the dosages I have discussed. It, BHT, is a non-prescribeable treatment that works very well for those who have tried it and was proven to occur naturally in some phytoplankton. Every bit as natural as milk thistle or dandy lions etc., but FAR more effective.   ...Oscar
What suggestions do you have for MOST of the people who are prescribed these very toxic compounds, only to find out they do not work ?

I will point them to many many studies that show clinically that the meds today have approx. 80% success rate

Show me ONE study..that says the food preservative you are trying to push .is even remotely successful in treating HCV.

Otherwise maybe it is best you stop trying to take advantage of the people here..dealing daily with this disease  and what REALl treatment is like.

When you post here you askk for all our opinions...same as you got  6 months ago from dozens of us...that the food preservative  your are shilling does not work
   Those are not the numbers I get when web searching this topic, and like I said: many people relapse. And I ask you again, for all those who these treatments DO NOT work for:: what is the harm in trying the small doses I have discussed for 4 weeks to see whether it works or not ? Like I said BHT is good for you. Which one of these treatments can claim THAT. I did not write that PHYSIOLOGICAL REVIEWS article. A very many scientists did. So just exactly what is the harm in giving BHT a try for one month ? Answer that question. All sorts of alternative treatments are discussed in this forum. Not a one of them can claim an Average Lifespan Increase of 31%. BHT CAN and does. NOT my opinion. What studies have been done as to milk thistle or any of the alternative treatments as to their effectiveness as a treatment for hepatitis C ? BHT is good for you whether you have hepatitis C or not. GOT THAT !   ...Oscar
You claimed  months ago that  categorically the food preservative BHT CURED your HCV...dozens of us asked you for some type of proof of that and  you could provide none.

What is the harm.??..I don"t know as I will never try it... like I have always said with  any unproven treatent methods ...buyer be VERY aware.

If any new people here would like to try your food preservative...they would be free to do so...   Yes I got it
   My medical records and the tests done on me back in 1997 prove that. What other proof is there ? What PROOF do you have about anything you have to say ? You and others said viral load counts were available in 1997. You and they were absolutely SURE of it. You and they were absolutely WRONG about that. These tests were first being tested in 2002. I do not know when these tests became available to the public.
   You have chosen to malign me. I have never done this to you. How is ANYONE to know with any certainty YOU are not a SHILL for BIG PHARMA ? You consistantly promote BIG PHARMA`S extremely expensive treatments. A 100 day supply of BHT costs a tiny 10 to 15 dollars US. The treatments you promote cost from 30,000 to 200,000 dollars US. Get WAY back when you accuse me of somehow profitting from my discussing BHT as an alternative treatment for hepatitis C. I do not profit from my postings and never have in any way.
   And what do you have to offer the VAST MAJORITY of people worldwide who can NEVER afford these EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE treatments. TOUGH S..T for all of them you say ? What do YOU have to offer THEM ?   ...Oscar

Approx. 80 % hope of cure vs the 0)% you can...I am done on this...
Logically, I see no reason why u would want to promote BHT.  Clearly by researching about it on the web it seems that it is safe if the dose is not over 1gram. What u suggest is also logical and very promising. The only problem is that nobody is willing to try.  U mentioned two others that succeeded as you. Do u know anyone who failed with BHT??
My dad started BHT. Within 2 weeks, the viral load is down to less that 50%. I will keep everyone posted about next pcr test.
   I know of two more people BHT did work for as a treatment for hepatitis C. I am unable to provide links in this forum. Here is what Dr. W has to say over in the: Contact Earth Clinic about his use of BHT to treat hepatitis C:
10/06/2011: Dr W from Upstate , Ny replies: "Well friends the blood work is back!

Viral load ""NULL NULL" No virus detected!

THE BHT works in my case, will continue at 350mg morning and eveningLiver enzymes within normal limits. Keep in mind I was using up to 1500 mg a day on high dose days and 700 mg on off days and 3 grams of C a day along with lots of vitamins.

Thanks, Dr W"

Please keep this forum updated as to your father`s progress. You may also wish to join the discussion at the Contact Earth Clinic. I very much appreciate hearing from you.   ...Oscar
   And here is what fatcha brute has to say about BHT as a treatment for hepatitis C and, for him, genital warts also. Genital warts result from another lipid enveloped virus. This posting is in: The Hip Forums, Here is what fatcha brute has to say:    Posts: 2
fatcha brute is an unknown quantity at this point

Bht
Like this post? Yes | No    
Hey my dear your wrong, look up BHT, its a persertive, it enters the lipid envelope of the virus and kills it dead, i know because my 100 venerial warts are gone in a month, and my viral load for C is undectable. this is amazing stuff and these freekin bastarb doctors will not even tell you about it.
Its cheap and once people get it , it will cost the pharmacuticles, the doctors, the hospitials billions of dollars, you take two caps a day. dont believe me
All this " rub this, bathe in that, stick this up there is quackery.

So now there are five people I am aware of for whom BHT had dramatic positive results as a treatment for hepatitis C: Myself, January, Gina, fatcha brute, and Dr. W. Also your father`s progress agrees with my experience and that of these others I have noted. You did state that his viral load is down to less than 50% of what it was after 2 weeks of treatment with the BHT.
    Please keep this forum updated as to your father`s progress. I know of NO OTHER TREATMENT, prescribed or not that comes anywhere close to such dramatic results as BHT. And it costs so very little [ 12 to 15 dollars for 100 dosages ]. Now with BHT to achieve a true cure takes at least 2 years of daily dosing. This is because it takes about 1 year for the liver to renew itself and even when no HCV virus shows up in the blood tests, the liver still has many infected cells. The same is true of all the prescribed treatments. But unlike the prescribed treatments, BHT is actually good for you taken in the dosages I have discussed. That is why people often relapse in a few years when taking interferon and ribovarin. So if your father tolerates the BHT well as most people do, it is important that he keep taking it. I wish you and your father well and to be well. Sincerely,   ..Oscar
Here we go again.  No data or published studies to share, just a, "hey, it works!".  Show us the data with HCV on humans, not the effects on the lifespan of rats.  If you have something valid, please post it.   Otherwise stop pushing the snake oil remedies.
   Well, I guess so. Who asked you for any comment ? I was responding to shakar. His father has the results shakar says he does. Or are you saying he is a liar ? You and willbb seem determined to discount the extremely positive results the people I have listed have experienced with the use of BHT to treat  hepatitis C. Why is that ? Why would anyone choose to denigrate a treatment that has shown itself to be safe and effective for at least some people ?   ...Oscar
Why so defensive? I didn't call anyone a liar, so don't try to put words in my mouth.   As I stated, "If you have something valid, please post it".  We would all enjoy reading something with merit that has been tested in trial and proven, not anecdotal information of one or two people saying it worked for them.  
"Who asked you for any comment".  

This is a public forum for all to participate.  We don't always agree.   If you want to have a dialogue just between you and shaker, I'd suggest to PM or send and email to keep it private.  
   Why would I ever care what you suggest I do ? Be assured I do not. I want this discussion to be in the public realm and for important reasons. I wish for people to know about BHT as an effective alternative treatment. Is that for some reason difficult for you to understand ? I am trying NOT to use BIG words, to make my reasoning as clear and simple as possible.   ...Oscar
As public info and for the record, BHT does not cure hepatitis C.
If you "wish for people to know about BHT as an effective alternative treatment" then show some published studies to support your agenda.  If this is so important, show us something of substance.  We are all interested in learning more.  

This request for data or published studies has been made multiple times over the months with no response.  If you have something, please provide.
   Well, that is what you say. I say BHT is a very effective treatment for hepatitis C for at least some people and five people agree with me. Five people who have actually tried it. It seems to me shakar also agrees about this. So that would make 6 people. Why is anyone supposed to assume you know better ? Do you have hepatitis C ? And if you do: have you tried BHT as a treatment for your infection ?   ...Oscar
Wow, five people, got me shaking in my shoes. Doesn't matter if I have hepc or not or if I've tried BHT, show us the published medical data, trials, statistics, not personal testimony.  Proof, not hearsay.

This is a public forum, I could tell you I'm a millionaire, would you believe it?
Probably not until you say my financial records.  
    Well, I have every reason to believe no official type of studies will ever be done. Such studies do cost a lot of money and BHT does cost so very little. But many studies have been done with animals that are not people. And these studies have proven that BHT does effectively treat and prevent infection of animals treated with BHT for a number of lipid coated viruses. Hepatitis C is a lipid coated virus.
   Why do you and others get so concerned about BHT anyway ? There are other alternative treatments being discussed in this forum and others. Why this neurotic obsession about BHT ? Why do you care so much if I post about some success stories with the use of BHT ?
    I would think people would be happy to know there is this alternative treatment for hepatitis C that works so very well for at least some people. After all: on a world wide basis the prescribed treatments are unavailable to the vast majority of people infected with hepatitis C. And there are those very many people for whom the prescribed treatments do not work even if they can get said treatments paid for.
   So what is your problem with me discussing this BHT anyway ? Has the use of these prescribable treatments become some sort of a religion with you or what ? Am I in effect some sort of heretic in this weird religion or what ? Did I offend the PEG-interferon god. I do hope that I did.   ...Oscar
   It was never my intention to frighten you or anyone else. I have discussed a treatment that has proven very effective for the few that have tried it. I wish to offer life saving information for those people this BHT treatment works for. If that is heresy to you, so be it.   ...Oscar
Suppose I came to a Hep C forum and started to make claims that I've elimated HCV by drinking 4 cups of chrysanthemum tea every day for a month, and know 5 other peope that claim the same results.  Oh, and I should also mention this was never tested on humans, only rats.  Do you think everyone would accept this new alternative treatment with open arms?   I would hope and expect to be challenged to provide information to forum members to support this claim.  Otherwise, it's just a claim the can't be backed up.   Hearsay is meaningless.

Somehow you think we should just believe your words.  You take this challenge by stating that I have a "neurotic obsession with BHT".  I'm not the least but concerned about BHT, but more about someone pushing an agenda that can't be supported with data and studies.  

I like to focus on what works, not hollow promises that you say cured 5 people and was never published.  This is not a personal attack on you, just an attempt to understand and read something other than hearsay.    
   Hi flclist, I think I am actually starting to like you a little bit and do not know why. Anyway, there are some important differences when it comes to BHT. All of those published articles beginning with: Snipe, Person, Keith, and Cupp`s:" Butylated Hydroxytoluene Inactivates Lipid-Containing Viruses " published in the journal SCIENCE, volume 188, pages 64-66 in the year 1975. These same scientists along with many others had follow up articles published in SCIENCE and other journals about the ability of BHT to effectively treat and prevent many viruses that have a coating that to some degree is made up of lipids. These studies proved BHT to be effective in treating many lipid coated viruses in many different species. Hepatitis C is very much such a virus. Exactly the type BHT was proven to be effective in treating. This is because of the nature of the HCV viruses. All are rather simple structures as far as viruses go, or are concerned. And all have a relatively high lipid content in their outer coatings or envelopes.
   Exactly the type of viruses BHT had proven to be effective in treating and preventing in the different animal studies that were done. So, that is the big difference as to BHT. It is not just another of the many plant extracts that have shown some anti-viral properties.
   In any serious discussion about BHT one has to include BHT`s metabolites of which there are many. The things they all have in common are: a 6 carbon ring with an oxygen atom or an O-H group with a tert-butyl group on both sides of the oxygen or O-H group. This is an unusual arrangement. The O-H group is called a hydroxy group. The single oxygen double bonded to a carbon is called a carbonyl group.
    Anyway, BHT and all of it`s metabolites have one or the other group with two tert-butyl groups on each side of it on that 6 carbon ring. With the O-H group that 6 carbon ring has what is called an aromatic electron structure. With the double bonded oxygen the ring loses it`s aromatic electron structure. It does get complex. BHT`s anti-viral properties may very well be nothing more than lipophilic nature of these molecules combined with their relatively bulky shape which would have a disruptive effect on or in those lipid coatings, the forces that hold those coatings together.
   Then there are those anti oxidant properties associated with BHT and it`s metabolites to take into account. I could write a small book about it but have no desire to at this time. There is nothing in it for me and never will be. So very many chemists and others have already discussed all of this and continue to. Anyway there is something very different about BHT and it`s metabolites.   ...Oscar
   I made a mistake in my last posting. BHT and it`s metabolites have one not two tert-butyl groups on each side of the hydroxy or the carbonyl group. I needed to correct that statement. BHT and metabolites have two tert-butyl groups: One on each side of oxygen group = 2 tert-butyl groups. Sorry for that mistake.   ...Oscar
We ask for references and you post an obsure reference to an article published in Science in 1975 with no link to read it?  At least you have a sense of humor.   If this is all you got, I'm done.  

As far as viral load being lessened by 50%.I do not take BHT or intend on using it,My Viral laod fluctuates from 17,000,000 to 8,000,000 in a matter of weeks.Viral loads do this.Dont be fooled and dont use the poison that Oscarguy is talking about,There is no cure for hep C except the tx.Why would the pharmacy co's pay millions of dollars on research if this were true??? Buyer Beware !!!!!
    Well, it does not sound to me that the treatments your are taking are working very well for you from what you stated. With the BHT those viral load counts seem to go to undetectable within a matter of weeks for those willing to give it a try, The BHT surely does not cost very much. And there is that PHYSIOLOGICAL REVIEWS article along with Dr. Harman`s and other`s studies that show a definite average lifespan increase for mice and other mammals dosed for their entire lifetimes with BHT. This is compared to undosed mice. So their is substantial proof that BHT in theraputic doses is benificial to the average lifespan of mammals.
   So, it seems reasonable that some people may wish to give the BHT a try for a few weeks and see what happens like shakar`s father and the others I have posted about have done, as a treatment for hepatitis C. They can always stop taking it if they choose to. The BHT seems to work amazing well for some people including me and those others I listed. This BHT really does work and amazingly well for at least some people. Like shakar said: no one even gives it a try. His father did and the results are impressive. The same is true for me, Gina, January, fatcha brute, and Dr. W.
    The prescribed treatments do not work for everyone, far from it. Frankly they do not seem to work all that well for you from what you stated.   ...Oscar
Instead of just showing up when you want to push BHT, why don't you stick around and offer encouragement to people who are currently undergoing the prescribed treatments?  You may learn something from these people.  You will see that a great many of them are becoming UND very early with the current treatments available and most likely will go on to SVR and they also know it's the only treatment currently available that actually eradicates HCV.  No hearsay, no personal testimony by five people but actual studies to back up the documented cure rates.  
We see certain people who never offer one word of encouragement or support.  When they post it's to push a treatment with no medical proof it works. like yourself, or to say how awful their quality of life has been since undergoing treatment or feel it is their duty to mediate on a controversial thread.  IMO, that's selfish and self serving.  Support should be given every aspect of hepc and treatment.

People don't have to agree, but IMO showing up once in a while and offering a kind word here and there lends a little more credence to one's sincerity and motive.
Well, it does not sound to me that the treatments your are taking are working very well for you from what you stated.

And what was that???That the viral load fluctuates???Nor am I on treatment at this time,I dont recal saying any of that in my posts.
Further more you have been asked several times to post the links supporting your claim and you cant or wont!!!You cant produce anything to back your statements.
I really hope that the new people here are not falling for your sales pitch  and dont think that there may be a "Magic Cure"
  Hey Guys-lets consume a bottle of mayonnaise-it contains BHT and it will cure my hep C.Fact is BHT has been linked to cancer.
And I agree with what Lynda said.By the way glad your Voo_doo medicine worked for you.When in fact the only thing that will get you cured is current treatments.Now Im done here too.
Quit preying on innocent people!!!!!
Oscar I have to give you an E for effort but you are seriously failing in the proof dept. If I told you that 5 of my friends and I increased the size of our private parts 5 inch by paddling my testies with a ping pong paddle for 5 min daily would you take my word for it or would you want to see before and after pics and video proving I was actually using a ping pong paddle. I think I would want to see the proof myself but you can take my word for it and try it if you like.
If I told you that 5 of my friends and I increased the size of our private parts 5 inch by paddling my testies with a ping pong paddle for 5 min daily would you take my word for it
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l..
.I think in early trials on that      approx. the same result was achieved in just 3min.  :)
I think in early trials on that    approx. the same result was achieved in just 3min.:) .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd imagine in this case a dose reduction would be preferred to rescue drugs. ;)
Seems you are pretty popular on some of the other forums
The only thing I read that you posted that made sense to me was "If you mix BHT and inject it that it could cause cancer" Good for you!!!
The 5 people that have cured from BHT wouldnt beJanuary,Gina,Fatchabrute and Shakarr would it???And Shaker's father??
I didnt know that BHT cured genitel herpes too???
I also didnt know that it was good for Conjestive Heart failure? Please tell us more Oscar2U!!!!
Sorry I forgot some words"If you mix BHT with cooking oil and inject it that it could cause cancer"
"If you mix BHT and inject it that it could cause cancer" Good for you!!! "

Wow then we could have another thing to do a REAL treatment for - thanks for the ideas Oscar you are brilliant, yay, on to chemo this BHT is the best!!!!!

BTW nobody on this forum is going to fall for this nonsense, we're a bit too well educated in our disease to know not to waste money on garbage that has no studies or data hell juicing would be better - at least it migth have some benefit on overall health.

Hi everyone -

We are closing this thread.  While some may firmly believe that BHT cures hep C (among other things), as there is no real proof, please consider this carefully, and buyer beware.  No one wants to cause more harm than good.

Emily

******************************** CLOSED THREAD  ****************************
                                    NO MORE POSTS, PLEASE
This is an old post now so you may already be aware of the role of Vitamin D in TB if not highly reccomend you listen to this podcast (you will need flashplayer on yr computer) go to WWW.BBC.co.UK/search/schedule/vitamin
_d then scroll down to Case Notes Vitamin D 20 April 2010 - has some really interesting info from a Prof doing research into TB - and the effect of Vit D  You will also see a lot of other articles on Vit D on the search page all worth a look - especially those on Case Notes and Inside Health (the successor prog to Case Notes Regards Hugh