Herpes Community
Abrasions from sex?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Abrasions from sex?

Hello-
First let me give you a little history. I broke up with my fiance in June, we had been together for 2 years. The first of August, out of depression and bad judgement I had unprotected sex with a close guy friend of mine. Shortly after that I got strep and was put on antibiotics, they antibiotics gave me a yeast infection, all seemed ok there, and someone shortly after that I had sex with the old friend again. This was on this past sat. It was quite long (about 3-4 hours, we'd been drinking) and the next day I was quite sore, we had sex again the sex day and have had (painful for me) sex everyday except last night when I really couldn't handle it anymore. On about monday I noticed an abrasion (looks sort of reddish white, like a rug burn) in a small area right outside of my vagina, it hasn't gotten any bigger or changed in appearance but it hurts to touch. I really haven't had any other symptoms, I did notice a bit of white discharge, but no itchy or bad smell and nothing else looks wierd.
My question is could this be from the yeast infection, the long sex, or possibly herpes? I am going to get tested on tuesday but would like something to possibly ease my mind until then.
Thank you.
Any unprotected sex whereby you don't know the status of the other person carries with it the risk of contracting an STD and not only Herpes either,being tested is the only sure way to find out whether you have or not or if the soreness has been caused by rough and prolonged sex ....
Unprotected sex and excessive alcohol is not a good mix.  
I would advise testing due to the fact that you don't know  your partners status.

Daisy