Herpes Community
Blisters on pubic area

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Blisters on pubic area

So I have these blisters on my pubic area and they are painful!  They are not hard, but soft like a regular blister you would get on your hand as a little kid playing on the monkey bars. And oddly, they are only on one side of the pubic area, like my slit is where the line of division is.  This all came about the day after I shaved, my boyfriend is shaved AND I went to a concert with tight pants and got all sweaty.  By the end of the night my pubic area was throbbing and felt kind of numb and I attributed it to my days activities and the tight pants.  They next day I got a bump right along my labia, on the outside, and I poked at it thinking it was an ingrown hair, which I get quite a bit.  Well, I made it worse and it got swollen.  Over the next 3 days a bunch of blisters grew all scattered on the LEFT side of my pubic area and only on the left and they are super sensitive.  I haven't been to the gym in a week because of them. Why is this? What could it be?  Is it an STD? I surely hope not. I got tested on April of this year and it was all negative, and I have only been with one person this whole time PLUS we always use protection.
You need to go and be seen and get these checked out. while there, ask if you even got tested for herpes when you last were tested. It's not a part of routine std testing at most clinics. Also your bf will need to find out if he's ever been tested himself.

condoms only reduce transmission of hsv2 by 30-40%.  You can't count on them to be enough protection.

grace