Herpes Community
Can you have herpes with no sores

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Can you have herpes with no sores

Is it possible to have symptomatic herpes in the genitals (HSV 1 or HSV 2) without any sores?

Symptoms include pain in left labia and urethra and pain near my cervix. I've also been urinating frequently and there was a burning feeling until I took a week's supply of Bactrim. I still urinate frequently, and little comes out. The urine is a medium yellow, and it's a bit foamy. I tested my urine with a UTI stick twice after I finished the antibiotics, and it said I don't have a UTI.

What could this be?
It could be all kinds of things - chlamydia, bacterial vaginitis, group b strep, etc., and you need some testing to find out what it is.

Its not sounding like herpes, but if you have an internal sore, your doctor would see that upon examining you.

Aj