Herpes Community
Characteristic of Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Characteristic of Herpes?

Hi, I was last sexually active 7 months ago and the last 9 weeks i have had a single small pimple/clearish bump on backside shaft of penis basically dead center that causes no discomfort irritaition etc.. My doctor said he wasn't sure what it was and couldn't diagnose and said to wait it out. I just recently went against what he said because i was self concious with having it in that area and popped the bump and white puss excactly as if it were a pimple on my face came out and now my skin appears back to normal. My question is if it were not an std such as herpes would a bump/pimple stay on my shaft for 9 weeks without going awayor causing irritation and does a herpes lesion have the characteristics i described or perhaps something else? I researched and thought perhaps Molluscum Contagiosum since there was zero irritation and it was by itself but still perplexed. Thank you for your time
A herpes lesion wouldn't stick around unchanged for 9 weeks. It would've went thru the healing stages and went away on its own.

If this comes back, return to be seen again.  

grace