Herpes Community
HSV-1 and 2... possibilities... part three Questions

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Additionally, and this is an interesting observation with respect to an initial infection for anyone...

Does an initial infection, in a seronegative person within 1 to 2 days of positive contact with a carrier allow the virus to cause the same type of symptoms in the body as typical reoccuring symptoms but of shorter duration and with minimal discomfort?

Does the virus, after immediately entering the system, create a local "hotspot" where the virus begins to grow and or manifest itself under or on the skin at the infection site just as if the virus was coming out of its latent or dormant state and making its way to the surface of the skin?

I would think that the body, in a seronegative or seropositive individual, would not know the difference between an initial infection of 1-2 days or a recurrant infection ... the virus is still the virus, and the body would behave the same minus any fighting back of the antibodies that would be there after the primary outbreak if it were a reoccurance in a seropositive individual.

My point here is this... If I am both HSV-1 and HSV-2 seropositive, then positive genital contact with a carrier individual (HSV-1 or HSV-2) would still allow the virus to enter my body ... the antibodies I have do not create a barrier, they simply attack the virus AFTER the virus enters the body and then takes it out.

(part 4 to follow...)