HSV 2 test results
I am so confused about this whole HSV testing.  I can see why this test is not done along with other STD's.  The only reason I tested was because I taught my husband was cheating because he wants a divorce.  If I knew what I know now I probably would not have done it.  Anyways I tested positive for HSV 1 which was >5.00(no big deal), however my HSV 2  was 1.16.  I was devastated.  My husband of 10 years tested and he was all negative.  I retested a second time with a different doctor only for HSV 2 and it was 1.11.  The doctor told me not to worry and this is very borderline positive????  I am in the processing of trying to get a weston blot done but the lab is not aware of this test.
Any advice?
http://depts.washington.edu/rspvirus/herpes.htm has all the info your doctor needs to get the blood test sent out. If your doctor uses quest labs - they are supposed to be able to automatically have all the info they need to send it.

This most likely is a false positive but I can see the wanting to confirm that for sure. You can also call the biokit folks at  1-800-926-3353 if you are in the US to see if anyone near you offers it. It'll tell you your hsv2 result in 20 minutes or so .

grace