Herpes Community
Potential False Positive for HSV-2

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Potential False Positive for HSV-2

I was recently test for HSV-1 and HSV-2.  My HSV-1 result was 4.20 and HSV-2 was 1.47.  I was reading on stdtesting.com that this in fact could be in the false positive range between 1.1 - 3.5.  I have never had any symptoms.  Is their confirmation test accurate?  If it turns out I do have the virus is there any way to determine how long the virus has been in my body?  Thank you.
we recommend seeking out a herpes wb blood test to confirm your status. you have to wait at least 4 months after you last had sex to confirm your status. how to obtain the herpes Wb is listed in our read before posting post on the forum if you are in the US.

no, there isn't any way to know how long you've been infected if you were never tested before this.

grace