Herpes Community
Risk of contracting HSV from oral sex and manual contact

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I am a male.  I recently had contact with an HSV positive woman (she did not know HSV1 or HSV2 but thought 2 because it was genital).  She has had the disease for 20 years and has one outbreak per year and felt no prodrome and was not in an outbreak.  She had no cold sore apparent on mouth or genitalia.

I manually stimulated her with my hand and then she performed oral sex on me - I used the same hand that had touched her vagina on my penis while she performed oral sex on me.  

I have tingling in tip of my penis.  It has been 4 days.  No lesions.  I had flu like symptoms the next day for the last 3 days.  I'm slowly feeling better from that.  I have had a baseline HSV1 and HSV2 blood test - no results yet.  

1) What is probability of transferring either HSV1 or HSV2 from this encounter.
2) Do you know how many (% of people get symptoms by 'days out from encounter'?  i.e. 50% in 1 day, 75% by 2 days, 85% by 3 days, 99% by 14 days ---- or something like that?  
3) The tingling in tip of my penis and flu  like symptoms scare me but my GP thinks the risk is very low of HSV1 or HSV2 in this type of encounter.

Can you weigh in on these questions?

please keep all your questions in your original post instead of making new ones as we ask in our read before posting post on the forum. thanks!