Herpes Community
Sex during outbreak

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Sex during outbreak

I had sex with a male that was not infected with herpes.  In the heat of the moment... I couldn't stop and had unprotected sex (no condom) for two hours.  I didn't know I had an outbreak, it wasn't until after the fact that I went to the restroom and I saw the blisters at the top of my outer vagina lips. I freaked out! Yikes! I must say that I was planning on having sex with him so I took Valtrex the night before and early in the morning.  Nevertheless, I am so nervous that he got the virus.  I am too ashamed to tell him. I am afraid he will get mad at me for not letting him know.  I just need to know what are the odds that he will contract the virus.