Herpes Community
Something on my lip!?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Something on my lip!?

I have had a localized area of my lip which only gets chapped during weather change or if i eat something spicy, etc. and it's been like this for months if not over a year now. Everything is fine, I have a boyfriend and he does not have oral herpes. However, A few days ago I noticed that the little part of my lip got a little red on the edge and i thought nothing of it. It then was shiny and tight so I wanted to check if I had any mouth sores on the inside. I stretched my lip which cause two tiny little splits. They are fine there is no blister or anything but I just want to know if it could be herpes or if it is something else. the red is almost gone but it is still a tiny bit swollen, I asked my mother and she said it isn't noticeable I am just freaking out. I just want to make sure and see what it could be, hopefully not herpes. ANY insight or medical knowledge is really appreciated...Thank you!