Herpes Community
Symptoms help!?!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Symptoms help!?!

I was told I have genital herpes around a year ago the docs tested and came back negative. Me and my partner had sex a week ago and he has pains when peeing with a swollen penis just today one side of my vagina has become really swollen and itchy I have been tested for all sexually transmitted diseases and all negative any body have advice or this happened to anybody else???
Sounds like you have genital herpes like the doctor said and it's likely that he (your boyfriend) was recently infected by you.

What I'm guessing is that last year you went to see a doctor with sores in/around your genitals and that person said "looks like you have herpes".  And then you tested negative because blood tests are unreliable if taken sooner than 12 weeks after primary infection... and yours was probably a new infection at that time. It really sucks that whoever did your blood test didn't make you aware of the fact that the blood tests aren't any good for at least 3 months.

I'd bet that if you got a blood test today, you would have a positive test.  Get your boyfriend to someone who can prescribe antivirals - he is still in the treatment window and, without meds, he is in for a few tough weeks.