Herpes Community
not sure if herpes or not

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

not sure if herpes or not

So last december I had protected sex with a female. About two months later in February, i noticed a pimple in my pubic area. I felt it and i could feel almost a ball or cyst underneath the skin so i squeezed it and blood and pus came out. However, i took an electric razor and shaved the hair right off immediately in that area because I was freaking out because i was afraid it was herpes. the next day i noticed a red spot right in the area i shaved. I immediately began to worry and examine the area. I kept stretching the skin apart to get a better view and noticed in that area almost a small area where it seemed to ooze but only if i pushed the skin from underneath. is this herpes? it went away the next day and has not returned since. its close to the base of my penis.  I haven't been able to get a blood test yet but i am freaking out. thank you
No this symptom doesn't sound much like herpes at all, more like a cyst, blocked duct kind of thing.

A blood test will indicate your HSV status from this episode.