Herpes Community
treatment for fever blisters? (not cold sore)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I had my first herpes fever blister outbreak a year and a half ago (i am 33 male). I didn't know what it was at the time, but it lasted for perhaps 4-6 weeks. I recently had another outbreak over the past 6 weeks and i'm really tired of it. It itches and is unsightly. It matches all the descriptions of a cluster of pimple-like blisters that break and bleed clear fluid. Both times it has started under my ear and this time it as surfaced as another patch between my nose and the corner of my mouth (this is not a cold sore.. it is at least a centimeter from my lips, and for whatever reason i have never had a "cold sore"). I applied Abreva to the spot under my ear and to this second spot for a few days, and no noticeable results. I don't understand if there is a technical diference between fever blisters and cold sores, but it doesn't appear that a cold-sore remedy will work. What can I take to get rid of this and get my face back?
thank you.