Kidney Stones Community
Concern about Lithotripsy
About This Community:

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Concern about Lithotripsy

I have a 5mm kidney stone and I am scheduled for a lithotripsy on 8/3. After scheduling, I am looking up damage caused by this procedure to the kidney or other organs. Now I am scared of having the procedure done after reading how it can damage other organs as well as the kidney. Can anyone having a lithotripsy let me know if you have any problems with your kidney or other organs due to having this procedure.
Hello. I have never had that procedure personally, so I can't speak from personal experience. They are many who visit here who have had it though and I don't remember anyone mentioning the problems you have read about. The only thing I remember reading about this procedure is a slight soreness in the area for a short amount of time afterwards, which is welcomed relief compared to kidney stone pain for most all. I wouldn't worry too much and just get your stone taken care of and removed.  Good Luck and please keep us apprised of your progress and results.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...