Concern about Lithotripsy
I have a 5mm kidney stone and I am scheduled for a lithotripsy on 8/3. After scheduling, I am looking up damage caused by this procedure to the kidney or other organs. Now I am scared of having the procedure done after reading how it can damage other organs as well as the kidney. Can anyone having a lithotripsy let me know if you have any problems with your kidney or other organs due to having this procedure.
Hello. I have never had that procedure personally, so I can't speak from personal experience. They are many who visit here who have had it though and I don't remember anyone mentioning the problems you have read about. The only thing I remember reading about this procedure is a slight soreness in the area for a short amount of time afterwards, which is welcomed relief compared to kidney stone pain for most all. I wouldn't worry too much and just get your stone taken care of and removed.  Good Luck and please keep us apprised of your progress and results.