Kidney Stones Expert Forum
Kidney Stone complications
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Kidney Stone complications

My mother has polycystic kidney and liver syndrome, only discovered in her 74th year, inadvertantly during an x-ray of her chest.  I know this is hereditary. (Just back ground info)
      I had kidney stones about 12 yrs ago, bi-lat., passed with fluid, after getting stuck in the ureter, inflated both kidneys.  Calcium oxalate stones.  

I have occasional kidney stones since then.  They seem to pass.  What complications from kidney stones would someone expect from this or kidney stones in gereral?

I stopped all supplements except glucosamine/condroitin, super B, fish oil and vit D.   ( I am 52 yrs, exercise, good weight and had a total thyroidectomy sub clinical hyper, also UC proctitis)   Thanks  
3183592_tn?1344634338
Kidney stones rarely lead to complications like kidney failure.

The most important detail in your comment is that you have ulcreative colitis.  Any diarrheal disease is a significant risk factor for stones and you should be evaluated with a 24 hour urine collection while on your usual diet to see what elements of your urine chemistry are abnormal so you can be given specific dietary advice or even medication.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank